Live stream videos at UstreamStreaming by Ustream
HOT 97 CELEBRATES THE LIFE AND LEGACY OF THE NOTORIOUS B.I.G.---LISTEN LIVE---Tune in this Friday March 9th for "THE 15TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION OF THE LIFE & MUSIC OF THE NOTORIOUS B.I.G." with The Finisher Mister Cee on the set from 7pm-10pm. Cee will be saluting B.I.G. by playing all your favorite Biggie hits, freestyles, live performances, unreleased songs, and mashups. Cee will also be getting thoughts from some of your favorite rappers of today and Biggie's close friend Jay-Z will premiere a live tribute to B.I.G. This mix will be streaming live. Make sure you follow HOT 97 on Twitter @HOT97 and send us your requests/memories. #BIGGIE4EVA. The Great B.I.G.'s daughter T'yanna Wallace and her mother Jan talk to our Morning Show.
After 15 years of her father "B.I.G" passing, meet "T'yanna Wallace" in an Exclusive interview!
It was the year 1994. Christopher Wallace, better known as Biggie Smalls, and Junior M.A.F.I.A. were dominating the airwaves and steadily bringing New York rap back to the forefront. For most hip-hop heads it seems like it was just yesterday that Brooklyn born Notorious B.I.G. dropped his groundbreaking debut album “Ready To Die”. In his short career he gained legions of fans through his crafty lyrics ranging from topics of food and luxury to simple wordplay and the complexities of love. He gave us classics like “Hypnotize”, “One More Chance”, “Juicy”, “The Sky Is The Limit” and an onslaught of quotables that will no doubt be used for decades to come. He is credited by Allmusic as “the savior of East Coast hip-hop” and hailed by the Source magazine as the greatest rapper of all time. To this day, there has yet to be anyone who can remotely come close to Biggie’s movement. Many would argue that he is the best rapper of all time. Today, we remember his legacy and the spirit of hip hop that lived during his time.
Biggie Unbelievable Freestyle on the HOT 97 Show
Biggie on Funkmaster Flex/Angie Martinez Show with Mase, The Lox and Puffy
Biggie & Mary J. Blige Interview with Angie Martinez in 1996
Biggie Freestyling as a kid
- (1972) Born on May 21, 1972 in Brooklyn, New York to Voletta Wallace and George Letore
- (1991) sentenced to nine months in jail for breaking probation and selling crack cocaine
- (1991)Upon prison release records a demo under the name Biggie Smalls, that is sent throughout New York and later played on the radio
- (1992) after being featured in music magazine The Source, record producer Sean ‘Puffy’ Combs signs Biggie to Uptown Records and later Bad Boy Records
- (1993) Smalls first child, daughter T’Yonna is born
- (Aug. 1994) Marries fellow Bad Boy Records artist Faith Evans
- (Sept. 1994) Ready to Die, first studio album drops, going Platinum 4x
- (1995) Wins Rap Artist of the Year and Rap Single of the Year for One More Chance at the Billboard Music Awards
- (1995) At The Source Awards takes trophies for New Solo Artist of the Year, Lyricist of the Year, Live Performer of the Year and Album of the Year for Ready to Die
- (Aug. 1995) Junior M.A.F.I.A album Conspiracy drops and hits Gold with the help and direction of Wallace
- (Sept. 1995) Begins work on studio album Life After Death
- (Dec. 1995) Works with Michael Jackson on song “This Time Around”
- (Oct. 1996) son Christopher Wallace Jr. is born
- Dies in a drive-by shooting in Los Angeles, California on March 9, 1997
- (March 25, 1997) Life After Death is released posthumously, surpassing Platinum status and reaching Diamond
- (1997) Wins Best Rap Video for Hypnotize at the MTV Video Music Awards
- (1997) Puffy’s debut album No Way Out has Wallace on five tracks
- (Feb. 1998) For Life After Death, he wins the Soul Train Music Award for Best Male R&B/Soul Album
- (Dec. 1999) Born Again is released, selling 3 million copies and gaining a status of Triple Platinum
- (Dec. 2005) Duets: The Final Chapter hits the airways and goes Double Platinum
- (Mar. 2007) Greatest Hits: The Notorious B.I.G. Album is released
- (Jan. 16, 2009) the biopic Notorious hits theatres across the country.
Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved.