We'll be talking about the emotional and political aftermath of the not guilty verdict in the George Zimmerman trial. We've seen peaceful protests, an outpouring on social media, and calls for the Justice Department to investigate. But what can really be done?
We're looking for the following guests:
1) Young Black men in their teens and early twenties who feel they could have been Trayvon Martin and have strong opinions on the case.
2) A Mother or Father of a teen who worries about their safety and feels this verdict shows Black life is devalued.
3) A civil rights history professor who can relate this case to other cases in the past.
4) A youth minister who can explain how Trayvon's parents relied on their faith, and what he has had to say to the youth in his ministry.
5) A Hip Hop writer or commentator who feels this is the time for Hip Hop to use it's power and speak out on this issue..
We will be broadcasting LIVE and taking phone calls... This Sunday 7/21/2013 @ Hot 97FM Studios in NYC. If you fit the description and would like to come on the show, or would like to recommend someone for the topic, please reach out to me ASAP via EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you more details. And TUNE into Hot 97 Street Soldiers Every Sunday 9am - 10am or call us LIVE 1.800.223.9797
Simply confirm your registered email address below and click "Reset Password." We will immediately email you a link back to the site where you can enter a new password for this account.
We've found your existing E-mail Click account. Please login below to complete the Facebook login process.
Copyright © 2013. All rights reserved.