This Sunday, 10/27/13 on HOT 97 Street Soldiers with Lisa Evers
FIT VS. FAT: What does it really take to be healthy?
A mother of 3 with an amazing body stirred up controversy by challenging other women to follow her example. Some criticized her for putting too much pressure on women to be slim and trim. Others praised her for setting a positive example.
There are more diets, exercise programs and low fat and low calorie foods than ever before, but our nation keeps getting fatter, especially in our urban areas. It's gotten so bad in the city doctors now prescribe fruits and vegetables like they are medication.
We're planning to have an honest and open conversation about weight related issues like:
1) Body Image pressure and eating disorders
2) Plus size women and king size men - can you be larger than average & still be healthy?
3) Childhood Obesity
4) What really works to lose weight
5) The psychological and emotional issues of food addiction
We're looking for the following guests:
1) A health & fitness expert/trainer who can give our audience ideas and a low cost plan they can follow if they want to lose weight and improve their health.
2) A plus size model who can talk about weight and self esteem for women
3) A psychologist who treats people with food issues
4) A parent with an overweight child who is looking for answers
5) Someone who was once overweight & can share their story
6) Someone currently extremely overweight who can tell us what they're experiencing
We will be broadcasting LIVE and taking phone calls... This Sunday 10/27/2013 @ Hot 97FM Studios in NYC. If you fit the description and would like to come on the show, or would like to recommend someone for the topic, please reach out to me ASAP via EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you more details. And TUNE into Hot 97 Street Soldiers Every Sunday 9am - 10am or call us LIVE 1.800.223.9797