This Sunday 12/15 on HOT 97 Street Soldiers with Lisa Evers, we're talking about "DRINKING AND SEX: When does it cross the line into crime?
Here's what we're talking about: you meet at a party or club, have been drinking, and have sex. The guy thinks it's consensual because the woman seemed into it. But the next day, she can barely remember what happened, then decides it was against her will. She is ashamed, but her friends urge her to go to police. Is this morning after regrets or rape?
We saw similar scenarios with high school football players in Steubenville, Ohio. We saw it in the city with a fashion executive who was allegedly raped by a cop, who was cleared of the charge. We're seeing it now in Florida with a star college football player who was accused of sexually assaulting a woman who told police she was too drunk to know where it happened.
There are many aspects to this show and many questions:
1) How do you know when the sex is consensual? Does "No" always mean "No"?
2) What role does alcohol play? What does it mean to drink responsiblly?
3) If a woman is drunk, can she legally give her consent?
4) Could a man be falsely accused of rape just because a woman changes her mind?
5) How can a woman protect herself?
We're looking for the following guests:
1) A sexual assault survivor who can talk about her experience. (We can protect your identity.)
2) An ex-offender who was convicted of a rape charge and has turned his life around.
3) A sex crimes prosecutor or criminal defense attorney who can tell us what the law is.
4) A drinking expert - a bartender, club bouncer, or substance abuse counselor who can talk about what they see.
5) A male commentator with strong feelings on this topic.
6) A female commentator with strong feelings on this topic.
If you fit the description and would like to come on the show, or would like to recommend someone for the topic, please reach out to me ASAP via EMAIL: email@example.com and I will send you more details. And TUNE into Hot 97 Street Soldiers Every Sunday 9am - 10am or call us LIVE 1.800.223.9797
Simply confirm your registered email address below and click "Reset Password." We will immediately email you a link back to the site where you can enter a new password for this account.
We've found your existing E-mail Click account. Please login below to complete the Facebook login process.
Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved.