IS IT NOW OKAY TO BE OPENLY GAY
This Sunday 6/23/13 on HOT 97 Street Soldiers with Lisa Evers:
"LGBT PRIDE: IS IT NOW OKAY TO BE OPENLY GAY"
This is Pride week in New York City so we're taking a close look at current attitudes toward members of the LGBT community. There've been anti-gay bias attacks, but also a new openness for gays to talk about their sexual orientation, like NBA player Jason Collins. But how much has really changed?
We're looking for the following guests:
1) Gay teens and twenty -somethings who still feell the need to hide their sexual orientation.
2) A gay or lesbian activist who can talk about rights and responsibilities.
3) A social commentator/critic who can talk honestly about where being gay is accepted by the general public and where it is not.
4) A social commentator or critic who is opposed to the open display of sexual orientation.
5) A psychologist or psychiatrist who can talk about the pressures children and teens face growing up gay.
6) The parent of a gay child.
We will be broadcasting LIVE and taking phone calls...
This Sunday 6/23/2013 @ Hot 97FM Studios in NYC.
If you fit the description and would like to come on the show, or would like to recommend someone for the topic, please reach out to me ASAP via EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you more details. And TUNE into Hot 97 Street Soldiers Every Sunday 9am - 10am or call us LIVE 1.800.223.9797