This Sunday 8/18/13 on HOT 97 Street Soldiers with Lisa Evers
INCARCERATION NATION: Are you being programmed for prison?
We're talking about several prison-related issues: the glamorizing of prison culture, prison overcrowding, Attorney General Eric Holder's new plan to reduce penalties for certain drug crimes, and rehabilitation vs. returning to crime.
We're looking for the following guests:
1) Someone who was convicted of a crime as a teen or young adult and can tell us what effect it had on their life.
2) A criminal justice professor who can give us the big picture about incarceration, and who is most affected..
3) Someone who has come home after doing time and has turned their life around.
4) A counselor who can tell us what jobs people with criminal records are eligible for. We need someone here who can offer concrete, real advice to those in this situation.
5) A criminal defense attorney or former prosecutor who can talk about what he or she sees happening with sentencing.
We will be broadcasting LIVE and taking phone calls... This Sunday 8/18/2013 @ Hot 97FM Studios in NYC. If you fit the description and would like to come on the show, or would like to recommend someone for the topic, please reach out to me ASAP via EMAIL: email@example.com and I will send you more details. And TUNE into Hot 97 Street Soldiers Every Sunday 9am - 10am or call us LIVE 1.800.223.9797