We're talking about the way male characters are portrayed in reality TV shows like "Love and Hip Hop," "Real Housewives of Atlanta," and others. Is it just entertainment or are shows like this reinforcing negative male stereotypes - deadbeat dads, hustlers, drug dealers, criminals, and basically irresponsible men who use and disrespect the women in their lives?
We are looking to debate this question with the following guests:
1) A male community leader who works with young men to help them become responsible members of society and believes these shows don't help.
2) An entertainment writer or blogger who can talk about how popular these shows are, and why the audience gets so involved in the dramas.
3) A male reality show star who can talk about their life and experiences.
4) A spiritual or religious leader who thinks these shows are detrimental to our communities.
5) A reality show fan who says the shows are just fun to watch and don't affect their life in any real way.
6) A psychologist or psychiatrist who has a strong opinion on the effects of these shows.
7) A commentator who has a strong opinion on this topic.
If you fit the description and would like to come on the show, or would like to recommend someone for the topic, please reach out to me ASAP via EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you more details. And TUNE into Hot 97 Street Soldiers Every Sunday 9am - 10am or call us LIVE 1.800.223.9797
Simply confirm your registered email address below and click "Reset Password." We will immediately email you a link back to the site where you can enter a new password for this account.
We've found your existing E-mail Click account. Please login below to complete the Facebook login process.
Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved.