This Sunday 1/26/14 on HOT 97 Street Soldiers with Lisa Evers, we're talking about "SHOOTINGS VS. SCHOOL: Is education the answer to stop the killing in Newark?"
Murders in New York City dropped to a record low in 2013, but in Newark, it was just the opposite. Murders there rose to the highest level in more than 20 years. Many of the victims and their killers are under the age of 25.
What is behind this disturbing trend? Does a lack of education doom someone to a life of crime? Is it true the sooner you drop out of school, the sooner you turn to crime? We're debating this from all sides.
We're looking for the following guests:
1) An ex-offender who got in trouble with the law at a young age, and can talk about his experience.
2) A teacher or education professional who can talk about how illiteracy is a huge risk factor for turning to crime, and what needs to be done.
4) A community activist who works with young men and can help our audience understand the pressures on them and what it's like for them on the streets.
5) A family member or close friend of someone who was killed in 2013 and can talk about what it does to the friends and family of victims.
6) A current or former law enforcement officer who can share his or her experience.
If you fit the description and would like to come on the show, or would like to recommend someone for the topic, please reach out to me ASAP via EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you more details. And TUNE into Hot 97 Street Soldiers Every Sunday 9am - 10am or call us LIVE 1.800.223.9797
Simply confirm your registered email address below and click "Reset Password." We will immediately email you a link back to the site where you can enter a new password for this account.
We've found your existing E-mail Click account. Please login below to complete the Facebook login process.
Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved.