This Sunday 3/30/14 on HOT 97 Street Soldiers with Lisa Evers we're talking about "WOMEN AND VIOLENCE - BEING RESPONSIBLE VS. BLAMING THE VICTIM: Does what you wear or how you act make you a target? is it time for relationship/domestic abuse survivors to take some responsibility for their choices?"
Debates are raging all over social media and in many forums about the controversial view that women are taking the victim role in sexual assaults and abusive relationships, when in some cases they should take partial responsibility. Or is this just a way to get the attackers and abusers off the hook?
Due to the sensitive nature of this topic, we will protect your identity if you prefer, so that you can speak openly.
We're looking for the following guests:
1) A former male abuser who can talk about what he did and how he changed his attitude. We need this guest to take us inside the mind of an abuser and help us recognize the signs.
2) A female rape survivor or relationship/domestic abuse survivor (recently out of the situation) who can help us understand her experience and what it did to her, and how she is trying to move on with her life.
3) A psychologist or crisis counselor who deals with this issue in our communities.
4) A sex crimes prosecutor or former prosecutor who can break down the law for us, and what is being done.
5) A critic of the current legal system who believes it is biased against men and is being used by vindictive women to get back at men. Possibly a defense attorney.
6) A women's advocate who believes not enough is being done to protect women.
7) Outspoken commentators with other opinions we should include - and can tell us why.
If you fit the description and would like to come on the show, or would like to recommend someone for the topic, please reach out to me ASAP via EMAIL: email@example.com and I will send you more details. And TUNE into Hot 97 Street Soldiers Every Sunday 9am - 10am or call us LIVE 1.800.223.9797
Simply confirm your registered email address below and click "Reset Password." We will immediately email you a link back to the site where you can enter a new password for this account.
We've found your existing E-mail Click account. Please login below to complete the Facebook login process.
Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved.