HOT 97 NOW
What We Learned From Ebro's Conversation w/ Kanye West [VIDEO]
(Photo Credit: TIMOTHY A. CLARY/Getty Images)
Kanye West sparked a big conversation on social media this weekend after going on Twitter to give his opinion on several social matters in America.
Once of the most controversial tweets was his praise of YouTube personality Candace Owens which usually brings alt-right conservative talking points to the table.
I love the way Candace Owens thinks— KANYE WEST (@kanyewest) April 21, 2018
Following his comments on Twitter, Ebro got on the phone with Kanye West where the two had a discussion about his comments.
Some things that came out of the conversation:
- He wants to have open dialog
- He wants to speak how he feels freely (Ebro believes he should finish his thought)
- Did not add context to tweets because, "maybe people will understand when I put the music out" via Ebro
- Kanye wants to "deprogram people" to have people think differently than we thought before."
- Likes Candace Owens because "she's challenging conventional black thought"
- Feels no one showed love for him when he was addicted to opioids and in hospital
- Feels like he has been demonized - as a society we demonize people who try to think different
- "I just want to lead with love. I want to be about love."
- Says "I love Donald Trump."
Watch the full conversation below. How do you think?