OFFICIAL HOT 97 Payroll HOTSPOTS CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN A PRIZE
Emmis Radio LLC d/b/a WQHT HOT 97 (“HOT 97”), gives HOT 97 listeners a chance to win a Payroll in the HOT 97 Payroll HOTspots Promotion (the “Sweepstakes”). This Sweepstakes is governed by these Official Rules, as well as by the HOT 97 General Contests Rules. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between these Official Rules and the HOT 97 General Contests Rules, these Official Rules shall govern. Any individual who enters, attempts to enter or in any way participates or attempts to participate in the Sweepstakes (“Participant”) agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions provided in these Official Rules and to the extent applicable HOT 97's General Contests Rules, as well as by all interpretations of these Official Rules by HOT 97 and by all other decisions of HOT 97 which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE PARTICIPATING IN EACH MANNER OF ENTRY DESCRIBED BELOW.
APPLICABLE LAW (VOID WHERE PROHIBITED): This Sweepstakes is subject to, and governed by all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation in this Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
SWEEPSTAKES SPONSOR: The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is HOT 97 (the “Sponsor”).
SWEEPSTAKES CANCELLATION, SUSPENSION OR MODIFICATION:
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of being completed as planned for any reason, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, "bugs', tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical failures of any kind or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes. The decision of the Sponsor to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes shall be final in all respects.
1. Description of Sweepstakes/Participation.
A. Dates of Sweepstakes: The Sweepstakes will begin on January 2, 2013 and will run thru January 31, 2013.
B. How to Enter: Beginning January 2, 2012 members of the HOT 97 database in the metropolitan New York City area will receive an invitation email to entered in the Sweepstakes by agreeing to listen to HOT 97 during certain times and registering online at www.HOT97.com. Valid forms of entry include (i) visiting www.HOT97.com and entering your first/last name, street address, city, state and zip code, home telephone number, date of birth, e-mail address, and any additional requested information on the Sweepstakes registration web form. For web form entries, indicate on the “Time Card” of the web form the days and hours you will listen to HOT 97 Mondays-Fridays. You have the option to choose from 8:00am, 11:00am, 3:00pm, and 6:00pm, except for 6:00pm on Fridays (all times Eastern Standard). The contest will not run at 3pm on Friday January 18th and Monday January 21st. The “Time Card” information gathered by these registrants does not guarantee times of day where the chance to win may execute, however consideration will be given whenever schedule permits as deemed by HOT 97 Management. All entries must be received on or before January 30th, 2013 by 5pm EST.
C. How to Play:
Every weekday beginning January 7, 2013 and will run thru January 31st, 2013 the Station will announce "on the air" Participant names drawn randomly around 8:00am, 11:00am, 3:00pm, and 6:00pm, except for 6:00pm on Friday (all times Eastern Standard). The contest will not run at 3pm on Friday January 18th and Monday January 21s. If a Participant's first and last name is announced, such Participant must call into HOT 97’s contest line at 1-800-223-9797 within thirty (30) minutes to win the prize of $1,000 in Gift Cards. Valid Sweepstakes entries must contain all information requested. Incomplete and/or multiple entries will be disqualified. Prizing amount is determined by HOT 97 Management prior to the random drawing of contestant names.
2. Description of Prize(s).
The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are:
• $1000 in gift cards
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents in New York, New Jersey or Connecticut who are thirteen (13) years of age or older as determined by the Sponsor and reside in the Station’s Total Survey Area (TSA) as defined by Arbitron, Inc. Eligible minors must have parent or legal guardian sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, but the Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. Only one (1) entry per person. Only one (1) prize per household for the Sweepstakes. The winner of a HOT97 contest/sweepstakes (and members of his/her household), including a winner of this Sweepstakes is ineligible to win another HOT 97 contest/sweepstakes for thirty (30) days after winning a HOT 97 contest/sweepstakes, including, without, limitation, this Sweepstakes. After such thirty (30) day period has expired, until the one (1) year anniversary of winning a HOT 97 contest/sweepstakes, the winner (and members of his/her household) is eligible to win another HOT 97 contest/sweepstakes, but only if the prize of such contest/sweepstakes has a value of $599 or less. After the one (1) year anniversary of winning a HOT 97 contest/sweepstakes, the winner (and members of his/her household) is eligible to win any HOT 97 contest/sweepstakes, irrespective of the value of the prize. Employees of Sponsor, the Sweepstake’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the "immediate family" of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other familial extension, and any other persons residing at the same household, whether or not related. Each winner must provide the Sponsor with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded.
4. Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer. Participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the “Caller ID” block function will not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number if prompted, or disable the features inhibiting their participation in the Sweepstakes. Participants using equipment not set up for toll free phone exchanges (800, 888, 877, 866, etc.) may experience call connection problems. The Sponsor disclaims all liability for the inability of a Participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, faulty, mistranscribed, misdirected, or misdialed telephone communications, acts beyond the Sponsor’s control, or otherwise. Only calls to the designated telephone number will be eligible to win. Sponsor disclaims all liability, and is not responsible, for any delays, misdelivery, loss, misplacement, or other failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. Sponsor is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including, without limitation: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online Participant's ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, and any injury or damage to Participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Sweepstakes.
5. Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all Participants and winner(s) grant HOT 97 and the Sweepstakes’ sponsors and co-sponsors exclusive permission to use their names, biographical data, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses for broadcast and promotional purposes during and after the Sweepstakes, without any further obligation to the Participant, and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Sweepstakes, where allowed by law, Participants agree that HOT 97 and the Sweepstakes’ sponsors and co-sponsors may disclose personal information obtained from Participants in the Sweepstakes to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
6. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, ALL PARTICIPANTS AND WINNERS AGREE THAT EMMIS COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION, EMMIS OPERATING COMPANY, HOT 97, THEIR SUBSIDIARIES, AGENTS AND AFFLIATES, AND THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, STOCKHOLDERS, INSURERS, EMPLOYEES AND THEIR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES AND SPONSORS AND CO-SPONSORS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TRI-STATE QUALITY FORD DEALER ASSOCIATION, INC. AND FORD MOTOR COMPANY, INC., SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR DAMAGES, LOSS OR INJURY RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZES. IN CONSIDERATION OF PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND FOR OTHER GOOD AND VALUABLE CONSIDERATION, THE RECEIPT AND SUFFICIENCY OF WHICH ARE HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGED, THE PARTICIPANT, ON PARTICIPANT'S BEHALF, AND ON BEHALF OF PARTICIPANT'S HEIRS, SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS, ADMINISTRATORS AND PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES, DOES HEREBY COVENANT NOT TO SUE, FULLY RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE (i) HOT 97, (ii) EMMIS OPERATING COMPANY, (iii) EMMIS COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECT AND INDIRECT SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS AND RELATED ENTITIES, (iv) EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, INSURERS, ATTORNEYS, SHAREHOLDERS AND REPRESENTATIVES, (v) EACH PREDECESSOR, SUCCESSOR, AND ASSIGN THEREOF, (vi) TRI-STATE QUALITY FORD DEALER ASSOCIATION, INC. AND (vii) FORD MOTOR COMPANY, INC. FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL ACTIONS, CHARGES, CLAIMS, LOSSES, COSTS, DAMAGES, EXPENSES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FESS AND EXPENSES) AND LIABILITIES OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, IN CONNECTION WITH, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO PARTICIPANT'S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES.
7. Taxes. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winners. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prizes, which are not specifically provided for in these Official Rules. Prior to the awarding of any prize, HOT 97 reserves the right to collect from winners any taxes it deems appropriate. The value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Sponsor during any one (1) year period will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
8. Conduct, Decisions and Disqualification. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of HOT 97 personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Sweepstakes, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. HOT 97 will interpret these Official Rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the Official Rules or the Sweepstakes and HOT 97’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Sweepstakes is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of HOT 97, HOT 97 reserves the right to terminate this Sweepstakes, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as HOT 97 deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by HOT 97 are final. HOT 97 may waive any of these Official Rules in its sole discretion. HOT 97 reserves the right at any time to change the Sweepstakes rules without notification. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Miscellaneous. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Sponsor’s release form to claim the prize. Winners must present social security number at time of claiming prize. Sponsor may substitute prizes, amend these Official Rules or discontinue the Sweepstakes at any time without notification. HOT 97 disclaims any responsibility to notify Participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Sweepstakes. All entries become the property of HOT 97 and will not be returned. To be removed from HOT 97’s direct mail, email or fax lists, visit the main office of HOT 97 during regular business hours.
10. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of laws principles. By entering the Sweepstakes, Participants hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts of New York and waive the right to have disputes arising out of the subject matter hereof adjudicated in any other forum. In no event, will any Participant be entitled to injunctive relief or equitable relief of any kind, or restrain the continuation of the Sweepstakes.
11. Official Rules/List of Winners: A copy of these Official Rules are available at the HOT 97 offices 395 Hudson Street, New York, NY 10014, Monday – Friday excluding holidays between 9AM and 5PM, or may be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to HOT 97, “Payroll 2013” HOTspots Sweepstakes Official Rules, 395 Hudson Street, New York, NY 10014. These Official Rules and the HOT 97 General Contests Rules are also posted at www.HOT97.com.
For a list of any Sweepstakes winners send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to HOT 97, “Payroll 2013” HOTspots Sweepstakes’ Winners, 395 Hudson Street, New York, NY 10014.
Copyright © 2013. All rights reserved.