Music mogul Sean “Diddy” Combs has accused producer Rodney “Lil Rod” Jones of voluntarily using drugs and hiring sex workers. In an exclusive report by AllHipHop’s Greg Watkins over the weekend, the allegations surfaced in Combs’ Aug. 11 amended answer and counterclaims.
The filing responds to Jones’ $30 million federal lawsuit against Combs. Jones sued the music mogul in February 2024, alleging sexual assault, drugging and coercion.
Combs denies Jones’ allegations and challenges his account of their work on “The Love Album: Off the Grid.” The filing also disputes Jones’ description of recruiting women in Miami.
Jones previously said Combs and his associates directed him to bring women to a residence. He also alleged that Combs supplied him with a Bad Boy hat for that purpose.
Combs denies issuing those instructions.
“Mr. Combs never told Mr. Jones to ‘recruit[] sex workers,’” the amended filing states. The defense also denies instructing Jones to wear the Bad Boy hat while recruiting women.
Music Mogul Sean “Diddy” Combs Alleges Hip-Hop Producer Lil Rod Hired Sex Workers For Himself & Took Drugs Willingly
Instead, Combs alleges Jones independently hired sex workers for his own purposes.
“Upon information and belief, Mr. Jones had a personal proclivity for sleeping with sex workers,” the filing states.
Combs’ attorneys also dispute Jones’ allegations about drug use. The defense claims Jones voluntarily consumed drugs and alcohol while working on the album.
“Mr. Jones voluntarily consumed drugs and alcohol while working on the Album,” the filing states.
The filing further calls Jones’ allegation that Combs drugged him “positively false.” Combs contends Jones knew the allegation was false because the alleged conduct never occurred.
Jones has maintained the opposite account. His complaint alleges Combs forced him to solicit sex workers and repeatedly drugged him without consent.
A March 2025 ruling allowed several of Jones’ claims to proceed. Those claims include allegations involving sexual assault and sex trafficking.
Combs’ latest accusations remain unproven allegations in his court filing. They do not independently establish Jones’ alleged conduct.
Jones had not publicly responded to the amended counterclaims. The case remains pending before U.S. District Judge J. Paul Oetken in Manhattan federal court.


Leave a Reply