Hip Hop Votes
Election Day Is Here! Here's Some Important Information Before Voting!
(Photo Credit: Ty Wright/Getty Images)
Election Day is here! Make sure you get your vote in now!
Here's some important information if you're casting your ballot in the tri-state area!
Polls are open 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Find your local polling place here.
If you've voted in New Jersey before, you don’t need to provide ID to vote by mail or in person
If you’re voting for the first time in your county, registered to vote by mail, and didn’t provide an ID number or copy of ID when you registered, attach a copy to your ballot or bring one of the following to vote:
- Current photo ID (including a New Jersey driver's license, a military or other government ID, a student or job ID, or US passport)
- Current utility bill, bank statement, pay statement, government check, or other government document that shows your name and address
Polls open at 6 a.m. and will remain open until 9 p.m. Find your polling place at Voting.NYC.
If you've voted in New York before, you don’t need to provide ID to vote in person
If you’re voting for the first time in New York, submitted your registration by mail, and didn’t provide a copy of your New York driver’s license, state ID card, or a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or government document that shows your name and address when you registered, you may need to show one of these documents when you vote in person on Election Day.
If you’re voting for the first time at your voting location, bring one of the following photo IDs with you:
- Photo ID issued by any Pennsylvania agency or the US government
- US passport
- US Armed Forces ID
- Student ID
- Employee ID
If you don’t have a photo ID you can bring any of the following:
- Confirmation from a county voter registration office
- Non-photo ID issued by Pennsylvania or the US government
- Firearm permit
- Current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, or government check
Here are your basic voting rights!
- No one can oppress, threaten, or intimidate you to vote a certain way.
- You MUST be allowed to vote if you're in line before polls close in your state.
- Bribery is NOT allowed. The only thing you should accept is an "I voted" sticker.
If you experience ANY problems at your polling site calling the Election Protection Hotline: 866-Our-Vote OR 866-687-8683