Photo credit – Suzanne Cordeiro/Corbis via Getty Images
Nicki Minaj had the Barbz in a frenzy today!
Earlier she tweeted that she wants to retire to start her family, we reported the story. Since then, Nicki deleted the post.
This has left fans to wonder if she’s telling the truth or trolling. Although the Queen may want to take a break so she can focus on her building a life with her husband. We will have to wait and see if she pops back out on the music scene.
Take a look a five times Nicki Minaj made history;
1. Nicki Minaj first debuted on the Billboard charts in 2009 for “I Get Crazy” featuring Lil Wayne. The following year she broke a crazy Billboard record of having 2010 seven Hot 100 singles in the charts. The seven entries included Ludacris’ “My Chick Bad”, Lil Wayne’s “Knockout”, Trey Songz’ “Bottoms Up”, Usher’s “Lil Freak”, Sean Kingston’s “Letting Go (Dutty Love)”, and Jay Sean’s “2012 (It Ain’t The End),” Billboard reports.
2. In 2010 Nicki Minaj broke more milestones with her music. “Your Love” became the first single by a female rapper to reach no. 1 on the Billboard Rap Chart in seven years. She “dethroned Lil’ Kim, who was the last to hit the top back in June 2003 with her cameo on 50 Cent’s “Magic Stick.””
3. In 2014 the Queens rapper beat the King Of Pop’s record. Nicki Minaj’s “Anaconda” made it to 19 on the Billboard Hot 100 charts and earned her 51 different songs on the Hot 100 chart throughout her career.
4. Nicki Minaj surpassed Aretha Franklin’s record in 2017. Minaj has had 76 songs on the storied list, and Aretha Franklin held the top spot with 73 singles for nearly 40 years.
5. Earlier this year the “Ganga Burn” singer made history once again for being the first female rapper to sell 100 million records.
That time when Nicki and Flex squashed their differences was a huge moment! Take a look:
Nicki has put in work for the game and has been a huge influence on some of the female artists in the industry.
How do you feel about her retiring?