The world stopped and came together to witness such a magical moment between Brandy and Monica. During tonight’s battle, 1.2 million viewers tuned in and took a trip down memory lane as they played a collection of their hits, dropping some surprises, and more during this epic battle. Take a look at what went down.
- Kamala Harris makes a surprise appearance.
- Brandy shares a beautiful poem dedicated to the loved ones she lost.
- Monica reveals that she was 12-years-old when she recorded her song “Like this and Like that”.
- Brandy alludes to a potential Brandy and Monica tour in the future.
- Monica drops new single “Trenches” featuring Lil Baby produced by The Neptunes.
- Monica talks about C-Murder and prison reform. Brandy wants to be a part of the movement.
- Monica says that the fans will not let her live her infamous white shoes down.
- Brandy reveals that she had shoutouts from The Notorious B.I.G and Tupac on their respective songs.
- Both singers urge fans to go out and vote. Brandy and Monica sings Sam Cooke’s “A Change Is Gonna Come”
- Monica stated that she wanted to remake a Richard Marx song and 112 on the song as well.
Fans also reacted to the epic battle. Take a look at the comments below.
— Kellz (@trowerKM) September 1, 2020
A great celebration of two incredible women who gave so much to music, to the culture and literally grew up with us. I enjoyed this #Verzuz They are both winners on this one. #BrandyVsMonica pic.twitter.com/tmItrUlOrG
— God-is Rivera (@GodisRivera) September 1, 2020
I thoroughly enjoyed that. I love Brandy and Monica. I can’t ever choose. Their differences make them the brilliant artists we have loved for over 2 decades now. Even through the awkwardness, so happy tonight happened!
Cheers to them and #Verzuz for another great night!
— Gia Peppers, A Virgo Grooving 💁🏾♀️ (@GiaPeppers) September 1, 2020
— Heated ChurchGirl (@comeonDuranice) September 1, 2020
— Palomapanna (@palomamolap13) September 1, 2020
Thank you @4everBrandy &@MonicaDenise, this was sooooo good! Amazing to see 2 queens rocking together like this. U took me back to so many memories, brought me back with the grown woman swag & I am looking forward to you 2 blessing us with more for years to come! 🖤🖤🙌🏾#versuz
— YaYa+Rule (@RuleYaya) September 1, 2020
Watch Ebro in the Morning break down the battle in our official recap!
Who do you think won the battle? Vote below!