Tonight’s VERZUZ is one for the record books. Staten Island’s own and fellow Wu-Tang Clan members, Raekwon and Ghostface Killa took fans on a musical journey as they went hit for hit.
This VERZUZ brought back the true essence of what being a fan of hip-hop really means. Both rappers told beautiful stories of their time on the road together as well as how they would craft their art of writing and becoming better. Overall this VERZUZ was the definition of hip-hop winning, but here are the top five moments from tonight’s battle.
- Raekwon reveals that he is writing a book called “From The Staircase to the Stage.”
- Ghostface Killa announces that he is dropping six albums this year, including Cuban Linx 3.
- Ghostface brought out his infamous Chinchilla coat with his outfit change.
- Members of the Wu-Tang Clan stopped the VERZUZ to show their love and support for Rae and Ghost. RZA also saluted them for their epic career and what they brought to hip-hop.
- Brand New Music from Ghostface Killa and Raekwon premiered on VERZUZ.
The Wu-Tang Clan has been a staple in hip-hop from the beginning and a few years ago we were there to witness the group be honored in their borough of Staten Island and get street renamed after them.
Congratulations to them.