This year’s Valentine’s Day is going to look a little different since we’re in a pandemic. However, the meaning behind it remains the same, spend time with someone you love or give yourself self-love.
Here are some activity ideas that you can do while at home:
Turn a room at your home into a massage spa, have a candle lit dinner, or a combination of both. You could order a portable massage gun or use your hands and massage oil. You can get creative and leave cute little gifts or notes along the way, or give your partner some flowers, a stuffed animal, and chocolate. You can also make it a romantic movie night.
When giving flowers, consider supporting a local florist in your area, or check out these cool deals. When giving chocolate, strawberries are always a good idea or, these breakable hearts are the newest “thing” people are into.
If you and your partner enjoy cocktails and cooking together, consider a custom cocktail party kit that you can order online or find at a store. You can also try a virtual cooking class. If cooking isn’t your thing, order take out and sign up for art of seduction class or a virtual painting class where you have the freedom of sipping as much wine as you want while at home. Check out other virtual experiences.
Give a thoughtful gift:
If you’re in the Tristate area, here are things to do if you want to escape being cooped up in the house for a few (socially distant of course).
- Museums – There are still protocols to follow but you can enjoy seeing some dope art around the city. If you and your partner won’t mind the cold, consider an outside museum, like, Socrates Sculpture Park, Madison Square Park, or the Brooklyn Botanic Garden.
- Shopping – Treat your boo to some new threads, you can hit up a boutique or a mall.
- Take a mini road trip a few hours outside of the city to the Catskills or even Niagara Falls on the American side. Due to the pandemic, the Canadian border is closed.
- Drive-in movie.
- Limited live events are happening. Selective Broadway shows, museums, zoos, and other outdoor events have reopened.
- The casinos at Atlantic City are opened with protocols in place.
- Take a shopping trip in NJ, a road trip to NYC and dive into some activities there, or go more up North. Philly is an option also, some museums are open or you can find a Philly cheesesteak spot (vegan or non).
- Drive-in movie.
- Some museums, restaurants, and other fun things to do are happening at some locations in CT.
If you’re single, this is the sign you were looking for to splurge on something you wanted! No matter what your status is, always give yourself self-love. Plus, there’s nothing wrong with doing any of the actives above solo, or with a platonic friend or relative!