Takeoff’s alleged murder suspect, Patrick Xavier Clark, has reportedly asked a judge for funds to hire a private investigator to help with his defense.
According to legal documents, obtained by TMZ, Clark is asking for an initial sum of $5,000 adding that he has used all of his money to pay for his current lawyer. Apparently Clark is trying to do all that he can to claim his "innocence" in the case.
As previously reported by HOT 97, Clark, who was accused of fatally shooting Takeoff at a private event in a Houston bowling alley in November, was arrested and charged with murder on Dec. 2. The 33-year-old man was identified as the suspect by Houston Police Chief Troy Finner during a press conference.
According to authorities, 40 to 50 people were at the scene when the incident happened. Once police arrived, the Migos member had already been pronounced dead. Two others were hit by the gunfire but they survived.
“The event was a private party. There was a lucrative dice game that went on at the event. There was an argument that happened afterward outside the bowling alley, which led to the shooting,” Sgt. Michael Burrow said at the press conference. “I can tell you that Takeoff was not involved in playing the dice game, he was not involved in the argument that happened outside, he was not armed. He was an innocent bystander.”
“I will say that too many young men, and I will be more specific, too many young men of color are killing other young men. This has to stop,” Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner said in his statement.
Takeoff, whose real name is Kirsnick Khari Ball, was only 28-years-old. He was Quavo’s nephew and Offset’s cousin. In 2008, they came together to form their rap group, Migos.
Rest in peace Takeoff!