5 Things You Missed From The State Of The Union [VIDEO]
Photo credit - Alex Wong/Getty Images
President Donald Trump delivered his State of the Union speech last night (Feb. 5) to reflect on the current status of our nation. If you didn’t catch it, here’s what you missed:
1. Trump spoke about his call for a border wall. Feb. 15 is the deadline to fund the government and avoid another shutdown. The Democrats don’t support his demand for a border wall, and the Republicans are unwilling to shut down the government to help him. The GOP also doesn’t support the president's plan to declare a national emergency if Congress decides to not fund the wall.
2. Trump spoke about immigration and says that illegal immigration is a threat to Americans' safety and economic security.
3. The 45th president also spoke about lowering prescription drug costs and combating childhood cancer. He also wants Congress to pass legislation to prohibit the "late-term abortion of children."
4. Foreign policy also came up. Most of Trump’s speech was devoted to it. Trump is planning a second meeting with North Korea's Kim Jong Un, on Feb. 27-28.
5. Trump also defended his decisions to remove U.S. troops from Syria and Afghanistan. "Great nations do not fight endless wars," 45 said.
Here is a short news clip:
Here is the full SOTU speech: