5 Things You Should Know If You’re Attending Nipsey Hussle’s Vigil [PHOTO]
Photo credit - Allen Berezovsky/Getty Images
Losing Nipsey Hussle “Tha Great” hurt differently.
Nipsey wasn’t just an artist, he was someone who gave back to his community in major ways and his legacy will live forever.
If you’re attending his vigil at Staples Center in Los Angeles, here's what you need to know:
1. Tickets are NOT for sale! Tickets sold out in 20 minutes. If anyone is trying to sell you a ticket, it’s not legit.
I want to officially let @NipseyHussle fans & supporters know there will be NO selling of tickets to his funeral. A lot of incorrect information was released today, please know in the upcoming days and official statement will be made soon. 🏁
— Karen Civil (@KarenCivil) April 6, 2019
2. Nipsey’s family want to assure that this ceremony will be peaceful. Two people were reportedly shot at Nipsey’s vigil last week. Heavy security will be on deck. Reported on TMZ, it’ll be a “mix of muscle -- from members of the LAPD, members of the Nation of Islam, as well as Staples Center personnel. Our sources say the LAPD is only on hand to offer assistance.”
3. You’ll have to go through metal detectors as well as get searched and patted down. Security will also be checking bags.
4. As of right now, it’s not confirmed that the service will be streamed online for those who were unable to attend. Media mogul Karen Civil told a fan on IG that she is working on getting it streamed. Chances are pretty high.
5. Doors open at 8 a.m Thursday. The service will begin at 10 a.m - 12 p.m.