Hot Style: Are You Summer Body Ready?
May. 10, 2016
The weather is warming up and summer is approaching but are you summer body ready?
Here's a few tips to get you started:
- Change your eating habits: Start to consume healthy protien options, fresh veggies and fresh fruits.
- Drink more water: Get rid of sugary drinks and alcoholic beverages when possible and drink more water daily.
- Know what you are eating: Prepare your meals at home to know what you are eating rather than guessing how meals are prepared and what ingredients are being used when eating out. Use apps to track your calories and nutritional value in foods.
- Get help: Join a local gym, running club, or try a new activity. Body by Denise based in NYC (http://www.bodybydenise.com) has bootcamp season in May and June to prepare you for the summer. Members have lost anywhere from 20 to over 200 pounds.
- Set a goal and track your progress: Set an attainable goal, stay committed and make a daily food journal to track your eating habits and progress to help you get there. One way to achieve your goal is to plan for something ahead. It could be a big party, function or even this years Hot 97 Summer Jam. Register for the upcoming We Run for Hope 5K race on National Cancer Survivors Day as a way to reach a goal of walking or running a 5K while doing it for a great cause. (http://www.werunforhope.com)