Stage Name: Alije
Birthplace: Bridgeport CT
1. Describe your sound:
My sound is dulcet, harmonious, and contemporary!
2. Who are the Top 5 artists (dead or alive) that inspire you as an artist?
My top 5 artists are Mariah Carey, Mary J Blige, Missy Elliott, Beyonce, and Christina Aguilera, they all are powerful women with incredible talent. They inspire me to be creative and motivated. I connect with these artists in different ways but I have the same drive as them to become a better artist every day, but I especially have an interconnection with Mary J Blige. I’ve always wanted to do this from the feeling I get when I sing and make music, it heals me. I’ve had and still have burning passion when I make music, so that’s what drives me as an artist.
3. How did you know this is what you wanted to do?
I’ve always wanted to do this from the feeling I get when I sing and make music, it heals me. I’ve had and still have burning passion when I make music, so that’s what drives me as an artist.
4. What’s the name of the first track you ever recorded? What was your inspiration behind it?
The first song I’ve ever recorded was called “Best Of Me” The inspiration behind that was the feeling of letting loose and being yourself around someone you love.
5. First person you ever saw in concert & where?
The first person I saw in concert was Lil Wayne in Hartford CT.
6. Tell us about your first performance:
My first performance was in Brooklyn at Club Pyramid, I performed my EP I recorded at the time. I honestly did so good for my first time i went from the stage down to the crowd, it was crazy fun lol.
7. What has been your favorite quarantine hobby?
My favorite quarantine hobby has been trying to design my nails myself.
8. What made you submit your music to Who’s Next?
What made me submit my music to Who’s Next was when my single “PULL UP” was on the NewMVMT show with DJ Drewski from Hot 97 and I came across this contest through there and thought it was an incredible opportunity, (my mom found the whose next contest so it was a cool coincidence).
9. Let us know why YOU are up next:
10. Shout out your social handles & where people can find your music:
Check out Alije’s latest track “Pull Up” hosted by Fat Joe: