(Written By Lisa Evers)
You’ve seen those pictures of people crowded on the beach celebrating Spring Break like the coronavirus can’t touch them. Well, new information shows that the notion is horribly wrong, and some may pay with their lives. COVID-19, as it’s officially known, can infect everyone.
These spring breakers aren’t letting the Coronavirus stop their fun…… #CongratulationsYouPlayedYourself#EbrointheMorning
— HOT 97 (@HOT97) March 19, 2020
Nationally, nearly 40% of those with coronavirus who are so severely ill they had to be hospitalized are between the ages of 20-54. Conclusion by health experts: young people are more at risk than previously thought.
Here’s what you can do:
1) Social distancing – stay at least 3-6 feet away from other people when possible. This stops the spread and minimizes your exposure.
2) Hand sanitizer is great, but washing your hands with soap and warm water works even better.
3) When you get home, take off your shoes and sneakers by the door and clean the soles with a strong disinfectant. There’s a lot of spit on the streets and it can carry the virus.
4) You’ve probably put your phone down many times during the day. Wipe it down with disinfectant too when you get home.
5) Make sure common areas in your home are cleaned daily, all the regular ones in kitchens and bathrooms, and also light switches, door handles and tv remotes.
Got questions? Join us this Sunday 7AM -9AM EST on HOT 97 for a 2 hour special on “COPING WITH THE CORONAVIRUS EPIDEMIC.” We’ll get through this together!