Two months after the sudden passing of Digital Underground’s founding member, Shock G, his cause of death has been revealed.
According to TMZ, the rapper died of an accidental drug overdose. The autopsy report obtained by the media outlet showed that he died from a combination of fentanyl, ethanol (alcohol), and methamphetamine.
Shock G died in his hotel room in Tampa, Florida. We reported that on April 22nd, the “Humpty Dance” rapper was found unresponsive by the hotel manager after he missed his check-out time.
Shock G was 57-years-old.
Digital Underground’s co-founder Chopmaster J was one of the first people to break the news on social media. See his post below.