Chris Brown is notably one of the best performers of this generation.
He’s a triple threat in his own right, with his incredible ability to sing, rap, and dance. He was only 15 when he arrived on the music scene. C Breezy has been blowing our minds away with his career since his 2005 debut of “Run It.” This was an excellent time for the Virginia native, he earned his first No. 1 single.
In honor of his 31st birthday, take a look back at ten times Chris Brown had killer performances in music videos, award shows, or concerts:
- In 2017, Chris Brown ripped the Summer Jam main stage. He brought out the late legend, D.M.X., as a surprise.
- In 2011, C.B. dropped the visual for “Beautiful People” off his fourth studio album, F.A.M.E. The video showcased Breezy in his happy element, wanting everyone around him to feel good too.
- In 2005, Breezy let the world know that he’s the “new age” Micheal Jackson. In C.B.’s visual for “Gimmie That,” he channeled his inner M.J. C Breezy pulled inspiration from iconic dance moves from M.J.’s “Smooth Criminal” and “You Rock My World. C.B. had a crazy dance session in L.A.’s Union Station.
- At the 2010 B.E.T. Awards, Chris did an incredible Michael Jackson tribute. Not many performers can imitate M.J.’s dance moves the way C.B. can. This was one of his first performances since the 2009 incident with Rihanna. During this time, some people had conflicted feelings about Chris. During the performance, Chris got emotional on stage and, nonetheless, honored his idol. M.J. died one year prior and have been proud.
- In 2007, Breezy gave fans “Wall To Wall” off his sophomore album, Exclusive. In the visual, C.B. illustrated his creative capabilities and transformed into a vampire. The dance moves/choreography is out of this world; take a look:
- In 2011, Chris Brown dropped his “come back” banger. Around this time, he was blackballed from the entertainment industry over the 2009 incident. “Deuces” off C.B.’s fourth studio album, F.A.M.E. In the visual, Chris showed off his krumping skills and chucked his deuces all over.
- Chris’s second single, “Yo (Excuse Me Miss),” had everyone saying “yo” back in 2005. The video featured a young Erica Mena. C.B. showed off his dance moves throughout the video. This is when we learned we should get used to Breezy always breaking into a dance.
- In 2015, Chris gave a stellar performance at the Soul Train Awards. He performed his classics like “Yo (Excuse Me Miss),” “Poppin’,” “Take You Down,” and “Loyal.” The most impressive piece of C.B.’s performance is that he sang and danced simultaneously, which is highly challenging for most artists.
- In 2011, Chris Brown shocked everyone when he “flew” over the audience at the V.M.A.’s. During CB’s performance, he did Nirvana and Wu-Tang Clan tributes, plus his bangers, “Yeah 3X” and “Beautiful People.” Take a look:
- This performance was around 2007. Breezy transformed into a stepper from Stomp The Yard. C.B. did NOT disappoint, and he reportedly had a broken leg while performing. He was featured in the film, Stomp The Yard in 2006. Take a look:
Let us know which moment is your favorite!