(Photo by Scott Olson/Getty Images)
Former First Lady, also known as “Forever First Lady”, Michelle Obama released her highly anticipated memoir ‘Becoming’ on Tuesday (November 13th). Only out for a day, many readers and fans have become even more inspired by her words.
The book focuses on Obama’s journey from her neighborhood in Southside Chicago to the White House. She recounts her times of grief and self-doubt to her life with her family and more. Michelle Obama has not only given fans a piece of herself within this memoir but she also them memorable quotes. See some of the best quotes below.
- “Your story is what you have, what you will always have. It is something to own.”
- “Slowly, I was becoming more outward and social, more willing to open myself up to the messes of the wider world.
- “Life was teaching me that progress and change happen slowly. We were planting the seeds of change, the fruit of which we might never see. We had to be patient.”
- “Am I good enough? Yes, I Am.”
- “If there’s one thing I’ve learned in life, it’s the power of using your voice.”
Michelle Obama is currently on a book tour promoting ‘Becoming”