On Monday (Dec. 12), Takeoff's murder suspect filed a motion in Texas to reduce his $2 million bail.
According to TMZ, Patrick Xavier Clark's attorney, Carl Moore, said that the amount is too much for his client to afford and is hoping it can be reduced to $100,000. If the motion is granted, Clark stated that he will continue to live with his parents despite being found with a passport and tickets to Mexico during his arrest.
This is not the first time the 33-year-old suspect filed a request with the judge. As previously reported by HOT 97, last Monday (Dec. 5) he asked for a total of $5,000 to hire a private investigator to help with his defense. According to the filing, Clark claimed he had "exhausted all finances to pay for his attorney who has agreed to a substantially reduced rate." The motion was granted this past Friday (Dec. 9). The Harris County Sheriff's Office has been ordered to allow the private investigator to visit Clark and is permitted to bring a laptop, printer, and recording device to gather information and evidence regarding the investigation.
On Nov. 1, Takeoff was fatally shot at a private event in a bowling alley called 810 Billiards & Bowling Houston. Law enforcement said that the Atlanta rapper was killed following an altercation during a dice game, which resulted in someone opening fire. The 28-year-old was pronounced dead on the scene.
According to Sgt. Michael Burrow, Takeoff, whose real name is Kirshnik Khari Ball, was not involved in the argument, as he was just a bystander. “The event was a private party. There was a lucrative dice game that went on at the event. There was an argument that happened afterward outside the bowling alley, which led to the shooting,” he said during a press conference. “I can tell you that Takeoff was not involved in playing the dice game, he was not involved in the argument that happened outside, he was not armed. He was an innocent bystander.”