Last night (July 2) kicked off another Verzuz!
The battle between Bobby Brown and Keith Sweat was another night to remember. DJ Cassidy kept the crowd excited as the two legends played their classic jams. DJ Cassidy said it best, “This is truly a celebration of two giants of the culture.”
- In the beginning of the show, Keith Sweat and Bobby remained cool, calm, and collective. They both sang from their throne chairs as they warmed up. During the first few rounds, Keith played “Something Just Ain’t Right,” “Make You Sweat,” “How Deep Is Your Love,” and “I’ll Give My All To You.” Bobby played “Don’t Be Cruel,” “Mr. Telephone Man,” “Jealous Girl,” and Girlfriend.”
- By the fifth song, the two icons were warmed up and got up from their seats. Keith paid homage to the late Lisa Left Eye Lopes for the fifth song when he played their collaboration, “How Do You Like It.” Bobby also paid homage to the late Whitney Houston when he played their song, “Something In Common.”
- The overall energy was dope. At specific points, during each of their sets, the other would sing along to their song. Keith’s humor stole the show, but Bobby brought that energy that he always has!
- Unlike the Soulja Boy and Bow Wow Verzuz that was filled with surprise guests, Bobby and Keith barely had any. Nonetheless, the night was still entertaining. Keith had the crowd excited when he featured a Drake drop from Drizzy’s song “All Me,” where Drake raps, “I’m the light skin Keith Sweat.”
- The most significant moment happened toward the end when Keith Sweat brought our Pleasure P and Tank. Bobby ended the night with “My Prerogative.”
In your opinion, who had the bigger hits?