Rihanna Home Shooting Suspect Set for Court-Ordered Mental Evaluation

Rihanna is seen in Lower Manhattan on February 13, 2026 in New York City.
NEW YORK, NEW YORK – FEBRUARY 13: Rihanna is seen in Lower Manhattan on February 13, 2026 in New York City. (Photo by Aeon/GC Images)

A competency hearing is scheduled next month for Ivanna Ortiz, the 35-year-old Florida woman accused of opening fire outside a Los Angeles-area home tied to Rihanna. Court documents show that a PC 1368 hearing is set for June 2 at the Hollywood Courthouse. This is a standard proceeding used to determine whether a defendant is mentally competent to stand trial. Under California law, criminal proceedings are paused while that evaluation is carried out. Therefore, the case remains on hold until the court reaches a determination. The filing comes as questions about Ortiz’s mental fitness move into sharper focus in pretrial proceedings.

According to reporting from the Associated Press, Ortiz’s public defender raised concerns during a recent meeting in Judge Shannon K. Cooley’s chambers. The discussion prompted further review of her condition, though specific details of that exchange have not been made public. When contacted this week, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office confirmed that “a doubt was declared,” and reaffirmed that the June 2 hearing remains on the court calendar.

Ortiz Charged in Alleged Shooting at A$AP Rocky’s Home

Ortiz was charged in March with attempted murder. She also faces additional counts including assault with a semiautomatic firearm and shooting at an inhabited dwelling or camper. Prosecutors allege the charges stem from an incident in which a semiautomatic weapon was fired at the property earlier that month. At the time of the filing, District Attorney Nathan J. Hochman said, “Opening fire in any populated neighborhood is extremely dangerous, puts lives at risk, and will be fully prosecuted,” adding, “Thankfully, no one was injured in this shooting, but this careless violence will not be tolerated in our community. Such shooters will find their next destination to be our jails and prisons.”

Law enforcement officials said A$AP Rocky and the couple’s three children were present at the residence during the incident. Ortiz has pleaded not guilty. If convicted, she could face a potential life sentence under California sentencing guidelines.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

X