Today (Dec. 22) Megan Thee Stallion’s boyfriend Pardi spoke out in support of women while deliberations were taking place in Tory Lanez’s trial over the alleged shooting of the “Savage” rapper.
“To any woman especially ones of color that has suffered an injustice I feel for you,” the “Backin’ It Up” rapper wrote on his Instagram Story. “When you do find the courage to speak up, it seems you will be ridiculed, your credibility will questioned, your entire past will be held under a magnifying glass. In an instant you can go from victim to defendant in the eyes of the public. To any one with a daughter, sister, mother, niece, or aunt, I pray for their protection. I pray for their covering. I wouldn’t wish this on anyone.”
As previously reported by HOT 97, Los Angeles County prosecutors accused Tory Lanez of shooting the “Plan B” rapper with a semiautomatic 9mm handgun during an argument that started inside of a vehicle in the Hollywood Hills on July 12 of 2020. This incident resulted in a foot injury that Megan Thee Stallion had to receive medical treatment for. The Canadian rapper pleaded not guilty but he could face more than 22 years in prison and possibly be deported if he is convicted on all three felony counts he is currently charged with.
Megan Thee Stallion and Pardi met while the pair were working on the Houston native’s hit single “Savage” remix featuring Beyoncé, which earned her two Grammy Awards for Best Rap Performance and Best Rap Song. Pardi, whose real name is Jorden Kyle Lanier Thorpe, was given a songwriter credit on the track. In February of 2021, Megan Thee Stallion confirmed their relationship on Instagram Live. “That’s my boo and I really like him,” she said. “I never said hot girls can’t boyfriends.”