Nicki Minaj’s Barbz Rally Around Her Hotel After Release From Jail

Nicki Minaj's "barbz" show up outside her hotel in Amsterdam.
NEW YORK, NY – OCTOBER 15: Rapper Nicki Minaj attends TIDAL X: 1015 on October 15, 2016 in New York City. (Photo by Brad Barket/Getty Images for TIDAL)

Nicki Minaj might have one of the most supportive fan bases in the world. Following the 41-year-old rapper getting released from jail on suspicion of possessing “soft” drugs, her fanbase known as the Barbz, let their fave know just how much they cared for her. Throughout the whole ordeal, Nicki Minaj was simultaneously live-streaming on Instagram. She later hopped on X to thank her fans for all their support in a series of posts. After revealing her location at the Stock Exchange Hotel in Manchester, fans quickly gathered around the building, chanting “Nicki Free.”

“Thank you to everyone who prayed for me today. May God cover you and all that is connected to you. May you be blessed beyond your imagination, she wrote in one post. In Minaj’s opinion, police officials were doing a “big song and dance.” She continued:  “…They knew I’d still find a way to perform even if it came down to my last 90 minutes in the building, which would have been until 11:30 p.m. The building was willing to go past 11 p.m. I’m so grateful to them for that.” Minaj also shared that she was going to make it up to fans who had purchased tickets with an “added bonus.”

‘I’ll Have My Lawyers And God Take it From here,’ Minaj Says

“I’ll have the lawyers & GOD take it from here tho. Please please please accept my deepest & most sincere apologies. They sure did know exactly how to hurt me today but this too, shall pass,” she wrote in another post. Minaj even stepped out of the hotel to apologize to her fans face to face. “I love you and I’m sorry this happened tonight.”

Per CBS News, “The Royal Netherlands Marechaussee, posted to social media Saturday night (May 25), that a 41-year-old American woman who was arrested on suspicion of exporting soft drugs was fined and released from custody after officials consulted with local prosecutors. The amount of the fine was not provided.”