Tory Lanez Sentencing Postponed AGAIN, Megan Thee Stallion Submitted A Statement

Loading the player…

After MONTHS of delays, Tory Lanez sentencing was delayed once again.

According to legal affairs journalist who’s been present during most of the trial, Meghann Cuniff reported earlier today (August 7) that things will resume tomorrow (August 8).

“Incredibly, Judge Herriford managed to not finish today. We are coming back tomorrow at 10:30 a.m. A few more things to talk about, then argument, then Herriford will sentence Tory Lanez. Megan did not speak in person, but she submitted a statement that DA Kathy Ta read aloud.”

In another Tweet, she reported, “Megan said mercy is for people who show remorse, and Lanez has shown none. She thanked for the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office for their support. She wants the sentence to be a message for everyone woman of violence.” In addition:

“Megan said she struggled with whether to attend in person, and her absence should be seen as her preserving her mental well being. She said since Tory shot her, ‘I’ve not experienced a single day of [peace]. He lied to anyone that would listen,’ Megan said of Lanez.”

Although we didn’t get the sentencing verdict, the journalist gave insight on what happened during court today. In a Tweet, Cuniff wrote, “Important: Judge Herriford said he believes Lanez’s actions after the shooting, the social media posts and harassment of Megan, are a major aggravating factor in his sentence. He says he won’t consider lack of remorse, but he says considering the post-shooting actions are similar.”

Earlier today, it was reported, Iggy Azalea wrote a letter to the judge in support of Tory. The judge received over 70 letters in total, pushing for Tory’s freedom. Cuniff also reported Tory’s family was there (not his son), but Tory’s father begged the judge for mercy.

Last year, Tory was found guilty of three charges, felony negligent discharge of a firearm, assault with a semiautomatic firearm, and carrying a loaded and unregistered firearm. He was immediately taken to jail after to await sentencing. 

His legal team tried to appeal the case, but was unsuccessful.