Ricky Martin wins in court as his restraining order case was dismissed.
In a court hearing Thursday in Puerto Rico, a judge dismissed the case against singer Ricky Martin. “Just as we had anticipated, the temporary protection order was not extended by the court,” local lawyers for Martin told a news outlet after the hearing.
“The accuser confirmed to the court that his decision to dismiss the matter was his alone, without any outside influence or pressure, and the accuser confirmed he was satisfied with his legal representation in the matter,” added attorneys Joaquín Monserrate Matienzo, Carmelo Dávila and Harry Mansanet Pastrano. “The request came from the accuser asking to dismiss the case.”
We previously reported that earlier this month Martin and his team denied all allegations after the protective order was filed against him in Puerto Rico. The name of the person who filed the order was not initially revealed due to the Puerto Rican law 54- but Ricky Martin’s brother has no come fourth and revealed that it was his son who filed the restraining order.
Martin’s 21-year-old nephew, Daniel Yadiel Sanchez, reportedly claims that he and Martin had a sexual relationship for almost a year. Daniel claims that once he ended the relationship with his uncle, Martin did not take the news well and began to stalk him outside his home. He also says that he suffered physical and psychological abuse during the relationship.
Ricky Martin has yet to publicly speak out about this matter as of yet.