Tory Lanez will have to sit and wait to be sentenced.
The Canadian rapper was scheduled to be sentenced next week, but there's a delay. According to a report, he won't know the fate of his conviction related to the 2020 Megan Thee Stallion shooting until late March or April.
Reporter Meghan Cuniff Tweeted "Tory Lanez is scheduled to be sentenced next Tuesday for shooting Megan Thee Stallion, but the sentencing will be delayed. The notice from LA Courts just now calls it only a 'hearing.'" The Tweet continues,
"DA Alex Bott tells me, 'No firm date yet but likely a date in late March to mid-April.'" In another Tweet, Cuniff said,
"This is not unexpected: Bott and his co-counsel Kathy Ta said in court last month that they would be willing to continue the sentencing again, depending on the availability of the trial transcripts that Lanez's attorneys need for their motion for [a] new trial."
Last year, Tory was found guilty of three charges, felony negligent discharge of a firearm, assault with a semiautomatic firearm, and carrying a loaded and unregistered firearm. He was immediately taken to jail after to await sentencing.
His legal team is currently appealing the case. He hired a new team of lawyers since the one for his Megan Thee Stallion trial doesn't handle appeals.
Tory's new attorney, Jose Baez, wishes he would have joined the case a bit sooner as he sees "numerous errors" made. He said, "Unfortunately, this is the way it is, but he's got me now and I'm certainly willing to give him everything I have; hopefully, we'll get the best result possible for him."
Tory faces more than 20 years in prison and could be deported. We'll keep you updated.